Not only do we suffer from masses of bureaucracy in the police service, to the extent it often hinders our efficiency, now it’s confirmed that the electronic technology that supports most of it is also bad for our health!
- Office Workers risk Blood Clots: Workers who spend excessive amounts of time at their desk could be putting their lives at risk, research suggests.
- Office workers risk back strain: People who work in offices are among the most likely to suffer from back pain, according to the British Chiropractic Association.
- E-mail makes office workers lazy: The explosion in e-mail use risks creating a generation of unfit, overweight office workers, say experts.
- Keep cool over computer hassle: Computer users need to stem the stress their machines cause them before it damages health, according to a survey.
- Too Many E-Mails?: Visit the PC Copperfield blog to read his comments and follow the link to an online survey about the subject.
- Aggressive e-mail is a Health Threat: The health effects of "threatening" e-mails sent by bosses to their workers has been revealed by researchers.
- Web Guru fights info pollution: E-mail, the net, weblogs, instant messaging, text messaging, multi-media messaging... the list of ways to communicate electronically in the 21st Century is growing.
According to the web guru Jakob Nielsen, it is computers which are starting to control us, and it is time to "rule the computer and put it back in its place". I must say I have to agree!
Must remember to send an email of thanks to Vinton Cerf & Robert Kahn... Oh yes, and cc it to all at DARPA! (See WikiAnswers)