30 Jul 2007

Ashfordly Police Station

Asfordly Police Station will be farmiliar to regular viewers of Heartbeat and, the interior of the parade room. It features in almost every episode, usually filled with bobbies working on their reports, drinking tea or simply gossiping. This could have been my blog base but the pub was more to my liking and, all incumbants of the station drink at the Aidensfield Arms in any case!

I suppose during my service I can find similarities with myself and some of the Heartbeat characters. I started off as a
PC Phil Bellamy, did a long period as a Village Bobby like PC Nick Rowan and yes I did have my own Claude Jeremia Greengrass! Finally and after performing long periods as an Acting Sgt Oscar Blaketon I'm a PC Alf Ventress finally waiting for my well earned and iminent retirement.

The similarities will change once retired... I'm more likely to be a Blaketon in a pub as opposed to a police civilian clerk like Ventress!

No comments: